"Do Online Lessons really work?" YES
Online Lessons have the same format and are as beneficial as in-person lessons. Rachel has taught online lessons since she first started teaching and regularly takes online lessons herself, with teachers from all around the world!
You can have lessons in the comfort of your own home (OR for example - a car if you prefer more privacy). All you need is a camera and microphone to get started!
(these can be altered in-meeting)
1. Click on the little arrow next to the microphone in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen
2. Select "Audio Settings" at the bottom of the menu
3. In the Microphone section, the "Input Volume" fader should be two thirds over to the right
4. Under the "Input Volume" it should say "Automatically adjust microphone volume" - this box should be UNTICKED
5. In the "Audio Profile" section, select "Original Sound For Musicians"
6. Tick "High-fidelity music mode" and "Echo Cancellation"
7. Scroll down to the bottom of menu and select "Advanced"
8. Make sure "Echo Cancellation" is set to "Auto"
Close the menu and continue in meeting.
9. In the meeting make sure that "Original Sound for Musicians" is on by clicking on the "Original Sound" text in the top left hand corner of the meeting.
(can only be altered outside of meeting)
1. Open the Zoom App on your device
2. Tap the "..." or "More" icon
3. In the "Settings" heading, click "Meetings"
4. In the "Audio" heading, turn "Use Original Audio" ON
Now in your meeting
5. You should now be able to turn on "Original Sound" by clicking on "More Options" in your "Settings" menu.